Saturday, May 26, 2012

Flat Challenge Day 6

Today's Topic: Old Fashioned Wash Tubs and New! 
 Real men washing laundry!
Plus, our night time flat solution!

This museum of manual washers is intense!
I had no idea so many different types of manual washers had been invented!!

Here is a great clip about handwashing pioneer style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duJr4owjpOE&feature=fvwrel
Have to love a man in a bandanna!

Here is a manual washer for modern times :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1hD-KYfmIY&feature=related
^^If I ever have to live without a washer and dryer, I want this set ^^
Well at least the washer and a nice hand wringer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_7WDQvfbO4&feature=related
Very entertaining to watch LOL. Not sure how the salad spinner washer works in real life. I will say that if it really spins the water out this is the one to go with!

<3 It makes my day to see men washing laundry <3


Here is my Hubby handwashing tonight.
He is demonstrating the side plunge method from the comfort of a stool.
He said it brought back memories and it's certainly good exercise!

On to the the Night Time Diapering Solution!

We use flats for nights once the babies are eating more than nursing. Otherwise we simply can't get the urine smell out. In the past we have used GMD large flats graduating to flannel flats as the pee's get heavier and heavier. This Year I made double bamboo flats and they are awesome. Since we have a super soaker I actually add a newborn bamboo flat as a doubler. Over all of this goes the upcycled wool soaker.


Toddler Bamboo terry flat with newborn terry flat doubler.




With woolie soaker over bamboo flats; pretty trim, extremely absorbent and totally breathable!

In the morning I throw the flats in a bucket of warm water, plunge a stroke or two, and use the diaper duck to squeeze the extra water out. I turn the cover inside out and hang to air. If I have a poo to wash I clip the Diaper Butler to one edge of the diaper (usually the cleanest), dunk and swish in the toilet, then hang it over the edge of a bucket of water and let the diaper soak until wash time.

No comments:

Post a Comment