Saturday, May 26, 2012

Flat Challenge Day 5

Today's Topic: What have I learned so far?

1.) I'm willing to let 2 days go by before washing, then washing 2 loads, crashing on the couch and muttering about my stupidity and rubbing my arms. Yes, you should wash everyday, your arms will thank you!

2.) My FIL thinks I'm either NUTS or Bad-A**! He kept giving me inscrutable looks when I talked about handwashing before he left. I will have to ask him about it. Some people will think you are crazy or awesome depending on how they view cloth diapering to begin with, just ignore the looks and keep talking.

3.) I need to explain things better. My Husband couldn't figure out how to tie the Disana tie nappies, and ended up with a terrible knot that he was going to CUT OFF when he went to change the diaper later. Thank goodness I over heard him yelling for an older boy to grab a pair of scissors for him. I rushed in to rescue my brand new tie nappy and spent a good 5 minutes undoing it and calling in all my parenting skills and knitting genius when it comes to untangling knots. He was sure a simple bow tie would not foil our Houdini, which is why he went with the triple hangman's noose thingy he invented. After explaining that a bow tie works perfectly because he can't reach it, things settled down a bit, and now he loves them even more than I do. Explain how things work in detail for those who want to help.

4.) I really want a wash board! And a wringer and while we're dreaming a hand crank wash tub! Wringing wrenches my wrists. Say that 5 times quickly.

5.) Of all the ways to fasten a flat diaper my son prefers the diaper belt.


Tying: convenient for me, no pins or fastener's to keep track of or buy, and he can't get out of his diaper!



The single pin method: he can't get out of this one at all, but he does complain if it's to snug, I poke myself all the time with pins and get sore fingers. It also looks the tidiest IMO.


 Boingo's: Fun, grip really well, have a touch of stretch and he has trouble getting out of them, but he also thinks they are a toy.



Toddler Snappi: Easiest to use of the fasteners, but he can pull them right off. 


Homemade diaper belt: Just a band of elastic covered with a knit fabric and a skirt hook and loop closure. This is the one he'll wear even though he can remove it with ease. I think because the belt is elastic it moves with his body and doesn't bind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment